We are pleased to introduce our
The Shedding Light Series
When: 2nd Thursday each month starting May 2019
Where: CMDS offices – 235 Main Road Plumstead, Cape Town
Time: 09:00 for 9:30 until 13:00
Cost: Only R700 per person (inclusive of VAT) per session
Facilitators: Cathy Masters and Brenda Coetzee
Light refreshments will be served.
Numbers are limited and value is maximised – small groups allow for greater interaction and more questions.
.June 13th – Evidence of good governance & accountability
- Who are the stakeholders and the role players in accountability?
- How to prepare for independent audit or review.
- Evidence in a paperless society – what does it look like?
July 11th – Managing risks in non-profits – what can go wrong?
- What are the common risk issues in non-profits and how can they be mitigated?
- What is risk management vs risk governance?
- How can policy and process help to manage and govern organisational risks?
August 8th – Procurement and payment procedures – a risky business
- What is a procurement process and why is it important?
- How do we choose suppliers and make procurement decisions?
- Where can fraud arise in procurement and payment processes and how can it be prevented?
September 12th – Property ownership by a non-profit – the implications
- Why does your organisation own property? Is it for own use to carry out public benefit activities, or for investment to generate rental income, or for resale, or a mix?
- The serious implications of a change in use or purpose!!
- What are the tax and financial reporting implications of property ownership?
During 2019 we will also be offering training workshops on:
- Income Tax for non-profits
- VAT for non-profits
We will be sending out more details of dates and venues for these important workshops soon.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like any further information about the courses we will be running on 021 797 6226 or email@example.com.